Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good News and Conquering a Mountain!

May has brought good news and a monumental sense of accomplishment! I got called back for the Layon Gray film, 9Innings, and I am thrilled! I felt incredible after the audition and look forward to working hard to make the second round go as well....I just found out it's this Thursday - - wish me luck! Also, things seem to be picking up a little bit more both commercially and print and I hope this is a positive sign that the economy is recovering more quickly than I once thought.

On a personal note, I accomplished a major physical goal this past weekend with energy to spare. I hiked over 20 miles to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. I love getting out of LA and experiencing nature - - it helps me to reconnect with the things that truly matter in life - - my health, my relationship with my husband and my overall outlook on life. It's easy to sweat the small stuff when living in LA but life is what you make of it!
View from Glacier Point. The 20+ mile hike looped around to the right, on top of the water fall and ended at the top of Half Dome (the big piece of stone to the left)
Half way Base of Half Dome - You can see the cables that line the way to the top
Almost a 45 degree angle without a harness - -surprised the Nat'l Park Service allows people to do this but glad they do! Walking around on top of Half Dome
My husband and I on top of the Diving Board on top of Half Dome
It was an amazing adventure and I am looking forward to many more Mountains and goals to conquer in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I read your notes about your Half Dome hike. Congratulations! I've done it 23 times. To help others do this hike safely, I wrote the only guidebook for this superb challenge. It is called "One Best Hike: Yosemite's Half Dome" published by Wilderness Press. It is available at the Yosemite Sports and Mountaineering stores as well as REI, amazon.com, and bookstores. I also have a website and daily blog dedicated to safely doing this strenuous hike.

    www.hikehalfdome.com

    I feel that the Half Dome hike and cable ascent can be done safely with good shoes, plenty of water, gloves, training and education.

    Carpe Diem - Seize the Day ...and have FUN!

    -Rick D

    ReplyDelete