Monday, February 1, 2010

Howard Meltzer - Hannah Montana - Called to Producers

I think I mentioned that I started doing casting director workshops last month.  I figure that I've beentaking classes and preparping myself for auditions and I'd like to get myself in front of some people who can actually hire me.  I was a little reluctant at first but after my first workshop with Sherie Hernandez at Act Now and receiving good feedback, I thought it was worth my time and my money. 

I signed up for two more through Actors Key.  One with Howard Meltzer who casts Hannah Montana (an AFTRA show) and one with Deanna Andrews (The Bold and Beautiful).  I received excellent feedback again and hold onto your hats....was called in on Thursday to audition for the role of Sharon on Hannah Montana.  Wait, it gets even better - - I got called back again on Friday to read for the producers! 

It was a great experience and Carol and the producer were very very nice.  They truly seemed to want to be encouraging and kind to the actor and this was such a blessing.  I am pleased that the casting director workshop was helpful in helping me with this opportunity.  At least now I know that they are not a waste of money.  Of course, I'd love to get the part but feel encouraged and blessed that I made it this far.  The one thing I keep learning about the business, like most things in life, you have to create your own opportunities....no one is going to do it for you!

1 comment: